Quote:

Where is all this saftey stuff going to end. Just yesterday I heard that the NHRA is thinking of diapers on all the retired NHRA racers while they are in their Lazy Boy chairs watching the NHRA races on tv.

You just made me spit a mouthful of my morning coffee out from laughing so hard.

But on a side note. I race a 2005 4x4 Ram pickup which runs high 6.80's in the 1/8 cutting high 1.40 60's and she weighs in at 5200 lbs plus. I have all the required NHRA safety equipment, but added more than what NHRA requires. Besides the required front driveshaft hoop I also installed one on the rear incase the rear U joint let's go and could cause the spinning driveshaft to rupture my factory plastic fuel tank. I also use a Lofgren non SFI approved trans blanket around my transfer case since I race in 4x4 HI and something is better than nothing espeically when your family jewels could be in jepardy case the transfer case chain breaks. There's also a driveshaft hoop on the front driveshaft. Not required by NHRA, but required for the 4x4 trucks running sanctioned ice drags.

Jerry Williams.