Quote:

We all know the real driver in this instance is down time and the track's expense of clean up, safety is secondary to the track owner.

On the other hand, I have to wonder why guys continually put money into their cars to go faster but squeal when it comes to spending money on the required safety gear. As has been said, speed costs.

Personally, I never had a car fast enough to even require a roll bar, but I had one anyway. I also added several other safety features that were required for faster cars, partly to be safe and partly to be ready in case I ever found enough funds to go faster. I never got caught up in the need to be the fastest car on the track or in my class. I actually took perverse pleasure in leaving several seconds ahead of some of my competition, it was amazing how hard it was for them to not redlight in those circumstances.

Danny

Me personally I loved chasing down the slower cars. I had the whole race in front of me. As for the diaper, my car is getting one before it goes out again.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.