They implemented a similar rule at our track. The rule was any vehicle running faster that 12.99 required a diaper or a pan. You could choose not run one but if you oiled the track you would be subjected to a $500.00 fine. However, if you have a diaper and hurt the engine but did not oil the track the ownership would give the racer $250.00 if the diaper was damaged There was a huge uproar initially and I was in total agreement. Not necessary about the rule because I am an advocate of diapers or lower engine containment devices for the safety of it. However, in a day and age when we are losing racers at a rapid rate I thought this was a step in the wrong direction if we are trying to attract new people to participate especially in the slower classes.

I guess the part that I have an issue with is this. The sanctioning body's, namely NHRA are putting their foot down with regards to engine diapers. The main idea is to stop oil and debris from getting under the tires in the case of an incident. (Actually I don't think that is the real reason. I know at our track it was all about the cost to clean up!) Then I suggest that they outlaw all dragster headers that point straight at the middle of the rear tire. We had a big buck race here on the weekend and there must have been 60 dragsters all with the same headers. If a motor drops a valve and the diaper is required I will guarantee there is sharp stuff coming out of the exhaust just dying to cut a tire.

My guess is NHRA does not want to pi$$ off the big money guys with there fancy stacker that has 6 dragsters in it, but I don't think they are overly concerned about the regular guy that is scraping every penny together to go to the next race.

Just my 2 cents

Thanx 451 Guy

512 cu in 71 Demon Super Street Car - NO LONGER - Broke Crank
Best ET 9.57 @ 139.96

451 cu in Pump Gas - 71 Demon Super Street Car
Best ET 9.99 @ 136.80

512 cu in 69 Charger R/T
Best ET 11.39 @ 118.11