Quote:

On the other hand, I have to wonder why guys continually put money into their cars to go faster but squeal when it comes to spending money on the required safety gear. As has been said, speed costs.
Danny

I'm one that squeals then... the damn NHRA keeps
changing the rules when they need something.. when
I built my car.. it certed to 7.50... a couple years
later they changed the rules and its now a 8.50 cert
car... now its a diaper and header tethers, locking
dip sticks when is gonna stops... If the guys want
to play the "WHAT IF" game then we would be
swamped in rules... maybe we should put turn signals
back on them.. Force cut off Capps and hung up
his chute... there are so many what ifs that it
would put any little guy out of racing... thats
why I'm selling the race car and I'll go back to
running 10.0 and slower in a street car

Most of the ones that love those rules don't have a car fast enough to have to buy all that crap every time they want to change or add something,and the others are the ones who can't win,and are looking for any way to decrease the car count hoping then they will have a chance!I have 2 T/D Big $$$ Bracket Race dragster's and both will run in the 6's in the 1/4 mile all motor,an the Red one has a 500 horse-power NOS an the Black has a 3 stage NOS!Its my $$$ and lots of it that built these cars and I drive them,I know what they need and don't need!And as long as there are plenty of tracks to race at that don't enforce these rules I'm not gonna spend my $$$ on that unnessary crap!I like to spend my $$$ racing,not letting the car sit while I have to save up $$$ to buy things!

PS Look at how many people on here after spending all the $$$ and time to build their cars,are having to slow them down and some just giving up selling their cars simply because they just can not afford to keep jumping through hoops with all the new rules an rule changes.
These people that spent all that $$$ are not Stoopid,they did not build un-safe cars!
There is just NO WAY thats a good thing for the sport of Drag-Racing!

Last edited by MRMOPAR622; 07/25/13 07:30 PM.

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"