Quote:

Wooooow, that is freaking impressive. Plenty-o-$$$-carnage. Sorry it's going to take a lot out of your dad's passion for the car.

I can think of a few ways to tear up something like that.
Bad mounts.
Incorrect drive shaft angle, maybe length.
Cracked bell that escaped detection.
Missing/loose bolts.

Lot's of ways to get there.

Were you banging on it? Hit any big bumps?

All fun and games until you break something and the wallet needs to come back out.

So we rebuilt the motor last year and had a new clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, throwout (sp?) bearing put in. But we still had a slight vibration, so that was the only thing that hadn't been replaced. Took his old one out and had it rebuilt. Transmission guy said all seemed okay as far as possible vibrations coming from that, but went ahead and replaced a few things in there that had wear. Tighten everything back up and the car didn't want to go in any gear. Got the clutch rod adjusted correctly and this was the second time taking it out on the road. First time was a local cruise, 5 mph up and down a street blocked off for the cruise and a ten minute ride on the highway there and back. Then today took it out and got on it twice. Heading home going 45 mph and then that. I thought pinion angle as others talk about on here, but the car has been set up this way since the 80's. correctly aligned the bellhousing studs, so that takes out that possibility.
Also while chasing the vibration problem my dads bellhousing had previously broke and it was welded back together. Told transmission guy about that and he sent us a new one $$$. Also motor mounts are new and not the cheap ones and the transmission mount was new (now toasted). I believe rebuild on this was over 1k and less than 50 miles (at most) later it eats itself. Went back and found a big chunk of the bellhousing, clutch rod, boot, and the fork on the road.
I'm surprised at how my dad kept his cool through it all. Best case scenario is it needs a new bellhousing, transmission, and the radiator fixed. Usually when I'm I'll go take a cruise in my bee or challenger, well definitely not doing that tonight!!
Trying to do a few things to my car before Nationals, but this has killed it for me too. I'd rather just work on getting his car going again that weekend.