So tonight i have a helper:

1. I verified the same problem as discussed before, no differences.
2. I pulled DS, rear yoke turns fine, wheels spin freely car on jack stands on housing.
3. Engine off in nuetral tranny clutch out No DS, tranny yoke spins free
4. Engine off in 1st, No DS, clutch depressed, tranny yoke spins free
5. Engine running, no DS, letting clutch out in 1st, no bog, tranny yoke spins free, and stops pretty quick when depressing clutch

Unless tranny needs a load to lock up, the above points to the rear end?

I might take a day off on this. Could a brake somehow decide to always drag under load? The rear end when I let out the clutch looks kinda of "grabby" before its starts to turn and then engine dies unless revs are way up. It has tapered axles and maybe I should pull the drums, to see if a mud dapper wasp made a nest, or something. Not sure which is more work or more certain, install another complete housing/3rd member w/brakes I have laying around and test, or yank the drums and then the carrier and keep hunting the problem. Regardless the Alum 742 has to go back in eventually.

Jamie if you see this latest post let me know, I will be contacting you regardless when something is known for certain.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.