Ok, bit of an update. Today, I needed the truck to pick up some molding. So I started it up and let it run for a minute or two before I got it. I put it in reverse and could here the truck start to sound weaker, so I also applied the bread and sure enough it died. So this time, I put it in park and pop the hood. I take off the cap and depress the valve on the fuel rail. I would say maybe a tablespoon or so of fuel jumped out, but that was it, even though the valve was depressed. I went around to the cab and tried to restart. It would only spin over. Then I again tried to floor the gas pedal. It started a few seconds later. I then put it in drive and tried again to brake the truck and it got quiet and died. I again tried to depress the vavle on the fuel rail and again only a tablespoon amount of fuel shot out. No more. Not knowing if this was the correct amount or not, I restarted the truck (gas pedal to floor method) and while it was running depressed the fuel rail valve. A lot more shot out, so I stopped.
After this the truck would not die again. So I went to the hardware store and came back. While re-reading the post I noticed you asked for me to leave the key in the ON position. I cannot recall if it was in the ON position or not. Not sure if any of what I did would help diagnos the issue.