Man, it happened again! I was driving my 92 5.2 dodge ram today making and errand and it died...in the same damn intersection it dies at every time before. Sorry for bringing this up again, some of you will recall I had this same issue a year or so back. Seems like when it is cold I have this issue. I thought the problem was gone, but apparently that is not the case.But again I don't drive it much.

Here is what happened. I got in the truck, it was probably 40 or 50 degrees out....sunny. Truck started right up. I waited a second or two then drove away from home. About 600 yards from my house, I turn on the main street and drive approximately a 1/4 to 1/2 mile. There is a slight curve in the road then I come up to the fear intersection. As I pull up to the red light, I put my foot on the brake to slow down. As I am almost at a stop I can hear the truck getting quiet then it starts to die. It dies. I crank the truck. It turns over easy, but does not start. I remember something the dealer had told me the last time this occurred. He said to push the gas pedal all the way to the floor. He said this stops new fuel from being delivered. I do this and crank the truck. A few seconds later it starts. I gas it once or twice to clear it out, then put it in drive. It dies instantly. Urrghh!. So I put my flashers on as people are honking. Im in the turn lane. Same exact spot(literally, within 10ft). I floor it and recrank. It starts. I put in drive... it dies. So I repeat. This time, I left it in park. It seems to run fine, in park. I rev the motor up, hoping it will warm up and help eliminate this issue.

(Me and the dealer have always thought it was temp related)But after paying the dealer a $1000 for multiple diagnostic sessions I am not sure. I thought the last time they got it, but was still unsure, hence the reason I only really drive it when I need to pick up lumbar or it is warm out. Anyway, I let it warm a second or two in park, rev it up, and basically dump it into drive, it chirps a little bit, almost dies, but I gased it enough to get it driving. I drive about an 8th mile and park it. Go inside for 20mins, come back out. Starts right up, and I drive home.

This really bugs me, and I can't believe I am the only one to have this issue. I want this fixed but I am tired of throwing money and parts at this problem. Please anyone knowledgable, can you please help or ask a buddy mechanic or someone. Seriously, if I could get this fixed, I would even consider shipping some beer off to someone. Feel free to ask me questions. I am mostly a "parts changer"...not a mechanic, but I can answer most things we have previously done to it before.