Quote:

Quote:

And one more time from a guy who's worked on allot of Fuel Injection... My vote is a OE PCM because they have diagnostic capabilities including freeze frame PID recording & trouble codes.. With aftermarket systems you need your laptop hooked up & you need to be viewing the proper parameters if & when something goes wrong... Hard faults are easy, intermittents can be challenging but if you've go an OE PCM it will detect a fault, set a code & record the data just prior to, during & after the event....

It looks like MS3X Does all this as well, I can set parameter for "Check engine light" and the MS does real time logging non stop anyhow for as big as the card inserted is.

Plugging in a laptop is no different to me then plugging in an OBDII scanner except with the MS I get real data instead of just a trouble code.

I guess the LS tuning software does something similar??

OBDII and even some OBDI systems would do real time data, What OBDII systems do is constantly log data saving about a five minute recording, dumping old data & saving the most recent... Then if a fault code is generated the PCM stores that data till it is manually deleted.... And goes back to recording waiting for any future failure... This data can all be accessed with a scan tool plus you can view live data..

It's good to hear one of the aftermarket companies is making an effort to help on the diagnostic side.... The OEM's have a much bigger budget & allot of very sharp engineers for developing a engine control package.. Most aftermarkets have a limited budget, one or two very sharp engineers with lots of passion for their product & hopefully a willingness to provide the highest quality components available.. But it's hard to compete with the OEM's years of experience & unlimited testing budget...

"The Armies of our ancestors were lucky, in that they were not trailed by a second army of pencil pushers."