Quote:

Great info in this thread. Thanks for posting this information. EFI is something I really want to do.

How will this compare to a megasquirt system as far as ease of tuning?

I really don't know the Megasquirt software....so I can't really compare. I use the HPtuners software which is very intuitive and has great support on their website forums.

But...another great thing about using the LS PCM's is that instead of tuning it yourself (many people don't want to learn it or go through the trouble), you have the option of having one the LS tuners which are virtually everywhere (even mail order) tuning your car instead. Thats what most Chevy guys do....they don't all tune their stuff themselves, they have a tuner doing it. As a matter of fact, I have a shop that specializes in LS cars (and has built/tuned a car that recently won a fastest street car race by over 1/2 a second at a national event at Pomona and won won a Wally for their efforts) that is interested in providing tunes (even mail order) for LS PCM'd Mopars. Just to be upfront...it's my brothers shop...

Or those who want to tune themselves can buy the HPtuner Software for $499. Considering you pay under $40 for a PCM....it's a viable option.