Quote:

Thanks guys, so is it the dish of the piston that determines quench and compression? Which kits do you guys recommend? Been looking at the muscle motors kits, haven't heard anything bad about them, the 440source kits have mixed opinions

I just looked up the 440 source kit, you can choose whichever company your comfortable with. The pistons are dished to reduce compression (a flat top would have about 11.5:1 compression), but the way the dish portion is done leaves about 1/3 of the piston at zero deck at TDC. That part of the piston matches up to the flat part of the closed chamber cylinder heads to create the quench. Having an engine with the quench helps prevent detonation (pinging.)
My first 451 stroker short block was from Muscle motors, bought it around 1993 and never has a problem with it. Chuck Senatore was really nice and helpful, spent plenty of time on the phone explaining different options and the build for what I wanted.
Their web site is not very informative on what comes with the stroker kit, so I guess you would need to call for more info.