Quote:

Quote:

Almost thought you were refering to my car for a moment as I pulled the STR12 off and installed a 950hp Holley on a hand ported M1.

I had not one but TWO STR-12 intakes back in the day, never did get around to running them and sold both.

Odds are they flowed poor (I have seen reports of engines with and without Max Wedge intakes for example picking up buckets of power going to modern intakes) but man do they look sweet when you pop the hood!

Nothing like two carbs on a crossram!

I had a second one that was polished out like chrome but had to sell it to pay the mortgage and I find that most people that have had these intakes never ran them.
I hope that the OP makes his own decision on this as many here posted refering to a six pac on a BB and not a SB.If I had listened to every naysayer about the STR12 I probably wouldn't have bought one and that would have been a huge loss as I enjoy mine and will be putting it back on in the near future.And it also put me in the final round at Musclepalooza,which was only my second time running at a dragstrip.My car will probably be a little bit quicker with the single 4 but at the track its not the fastest car that wins,but the car that runs consistant numbers.