That's a hard question to answer, since we're talking about your personal taste and desire just as much as performance.

The main selling point with the 6 pack is the CFM. This was a big deal back in the day, because the tuning headaches of dual quads was well known even then. Running on a single set of 2 barrels, in the center, with one idle circuit is great. Although I would argue if that your desire, a thermoquad would give a similar result. and everyone loves the sound. especially the 1000cfm competition series.

I own a reproduction small block 6 pack setup, and I have never used it, and I admit I am hard-pressed to imagine a scenario in which I will. They run great, offer plenty of CFM, and reasonable part-throttle features, but it's just not the only game in town.

You can have equal or better performance with either one or two 4 barrels, so that's why I say it comes back to what you really want. If you really want a 6 bbl, then get one. You can make plenty of power with one, and the wow-factor is certainly there.

I will say this, the high-rise 6 bbl aluminum intake is a very nice piece. But don't forget that factory style manifolds will be dual-plane, they are not made for extreme RPM. I don't know what you're trying to spin your setup to, but keep that in mind.

Looking for 1975 through 1978 B body 4 door sedan sheet metal or parts cars - monaco, fury, coronet. Please let me know