Quote:

NO
They are a PIA
Want a 600 HP stroker Big Block? Take the 4 barrel off a 700 HP Big block and replace with a Six Pack.
Six packs may look real good on a National Winning NHRA car but in real life any dyno operator will tell you they are old school mystic BS. On a stock 440 they sound good and are fun but that goes out the window when you really want to make real modern day power levels--ok ok there are you that will point to some folks making great hp with so and so but honest the cfm deal is BS--distribution stinks, intake volume is nothing to get excited about--that is KEY to making big power--A Six Pack is a legend, and like most they are never really what they are supposed to be--Elvis is an exception--I saw that cat and he was AMAZING! I had a 500 inch pump gas Eddy headed with Max porting--custom solid roller yadda yadda, that engine would not make over 600 HP on the dyno to save my life--modded the six pack for days--put a real carb and intake on it and you get my first line in this post.
They look cool but cause more PIA than ex wives. Yea they moan about like one but....

Like most things most people can't make work easily the stock type Moapr sixpaks can be made to work very well There are many cases in print of individual who tried to make a sixpak work and failed, therefore all six paks are no good,(don't forget that the people doing the work are writers) Baloney Sauce I've seen many instances of real racers swapping from a single four barrel to a stock type decently prepared sixpak and going faster with the sixpaks I've done some engine dyno testing with a stock type low deck Eddy six pak dual plane intake and stock type 1970 and 71 vacume carbs., jetted on the dyno the sixpak made 5 more HP and the exact same torque as Holley List # 9375 1050 Dominator on a single plane 4500 intake with a high dollar Wilson manifold 2 inch high reversion spacer. I've also spent more than one hour working on the sixpak setup to max it out My 3450 lb car with a pump gas low deck 518 C.I. stroker with the sixpak has gone low tens at 128 MPH through the mufflers with the junk K&N air filter on it My car did run faster with a single Holley 1050 Domaintor after I put a set of Indy M.W. SR heads on it with there 400-3 intake, the SR heads flow 30 CFM more than the CNC ported Eddy RPM did More air into most Mopar V8 means Mopower

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 12/26/12 03:43 PM.