Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Line wrenchs from Harbor Freight?I think vice grips are better.Buy a real line wrench.SnapOn.It will las a life time and pay for itself.When the lines are rust and stuck I have a set of side cutters.Cut the end off and use a 6 point socket.Same with the whl cyl bolts.Use a 6 point.If they snap just get new bolts and use anti sieze.Same with the hard lines.I also have SnapOn bleeder wernchs.They will turn the bleeders 99% pf the time without snapping.Yeha they are pricey but they work.I had to have them for work but also had them at home.You havent seen rust till you work on Upstate New York stuff.I just hope your helper has some tools and can flare lines.Best to replace them if they are rusty.Rocky

and corrected

All my line wrenches and sockets I've been using are brand new Craftsmans I've bought within the past 3 months. Idk where Harbor Freight came from. I know for a fact my friend has the tools, he used to flip tools off of CL for extra money. Not only that but he did the brakes on his car and is going to convert the front to discs soon. Even when I showed him the pics of the fastener he said to me, "You do realize they have specific tools to take those off, right?"

I mentioned Habor Freight. I didn't realize you all ready had Craftsman line wrenches that look exactly like the one pictured above correct? If you are on a uber budget a HF line wrench is better than nothing.

And no reason you need to step up to Snap On tools right now just after you bought your first hydraulic jack. Walk before you run!

I still think you are making this a bigger project than necessary. And everytime you do that you run the risk of the car sitting there forever until you figure out how to get yourself out of that jamb or get fustrated.

Go jack up the other side of the car and see if that wheel cylinder is leaking. And see how much brake shoe/pad material is left.

If ok, just change the master cylinder today.

Anyways, at least TODAY spray some penetrating fluid on the bleeder screws of the other rear drum, front disks, and master clyinder line connections. That will give it soak in time.