That looks like the later PT module but I can't see all of it so I'm not 100% sure. I'm reading conflicting information on it. In the thread URL you posted John Kunkel posted they do interdchange and I know John has been around a lot longer than me doing 727's so I don't question his work usually but I see on A&A's website where they have a PT module that is made to bolt onto a Pre-70 valve body and they say you can't use a later PT module on an earlier VB. Here's a link to it

http://www.aandatrans.com/Products/727-3-2-Kick-Down-Module-(1966-69)__22740-32SI.aspx

One other posibility is someone didn't just bolt a PT module on your older VB, rather they installed a newer VB. Look on the main casting for a # and post it. I might be able to identify what year it is from.

The governor can definetly have a profound affect on when it shifts. I'd inspect it to make sure it moves freely and someone hasn't installed a real high RPM governor. The latter is unlikely but you never know with stuff that is over 40 yrs. old.

addendum: I just noticed in the pic that I see what looks like a spring inside of a spring for the pressure regulator. That's not factory. Do you know if it has had a shift kit installed? If so what brand?

68 Cuda 408/904/8-3/4
02 Dakota 4.7 auto