So I dropped the pan and VB. The throttle valve assembly WAS assembled correctly. I did make a minor adjustment to the stopscrew that stops the cam on the throttle lever shaft (made it shorter). Pulled the rest of the VB apart and confirmed everything was assembled correctly and moved freely (Used the Munroe 727 book to confirm assembly). Bands are adjusted correctly.

Only thing I did see that made me think was related to the manual valve. With the TF2 the manual valve is replaced w/ a transgo one that has a thicker and a thinner middle land than the original. position is suppose to be set so the thin land just enters the 4th webbing of the valve body when in Park. On mine the land just about fully enters the web meaning the manual valve is set deep. as the valve is moved off the indexes on the rooster comb the valve would/should be a hair deep at each position. however, as the the thin land is quite narrow 0.04" I don't know how close is close enough. what would the result of this be? Could it contribute to any of my symptoms? see attached picture for the instructions sheet.

my though is I need to bend the arm to move the manual valve outward a bit, but from a diagnosing standpoint want to know if this is enough to explain my problems since nothing else was really found???

any other suggestions while the VB is out?

thanks

7313545-727.jpg (4829 downloads)
Last edited by BTTG; 07/30/12 10:46 AM.