fishy68,
Not sure how to tell if the part throttle is from an original valve body or if it is an aftermarket direct connection part. I've attached a picture illustrating the parts associated with the part throttle. Mine is assembled and looks identical to this picture (i.e., no extra or fewer parts than those pictured).

the ID of the trans indicates it was originally in a 1969 383-2 barrel car...before part throttle kickdown was standard so I was surprised to see the part throttle kickdown equipment when I pulled the VB... so it was added at some time by someone. Again from my limited driving of the car before disassembly both full throttle and part throttle kickdown did not appear to work, but did do breakaway low and upshifted fine. Didn't know much then, but figured this was related to the external throttle pressure linkage being misadjusted.

Would appreciate any insight into the part throttle since I can deal with this now much easier with the valve body out. Anyone have an answer to the question of whether or not a later year part throttle kickdown assembly can be bolted up to an older VB and work? I found a post saying it does.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...amp;Search=true

Also at this point would it be a good use of time to pull the tailshaft and check out the governor assembly? That was brought up earlier, but unsure how likely it is that that could be contributing to any of my issues?

Thanks for all the help provided so far.

7316236-partthrottle.jpg (787 downloads)
Last edited by BTTG; 08/01/12 06:44 PM.