Quote:

And how can you PROVE that?

D, one of the good and bad things about Moparts is that much of the conventional wisdom about what is or has been 'known' or printed through the years is questioned. Many myths and legends have been torn to shreds on this board through proof.

I like that those who post things that are outside of 'conventional wisdom' are required to provide proof of things. Mere assertions are not taken lightly here.

If people have proof, not speculation, of a 440-4-A/C car...Great. Post it for the world to see. Don't be selfish. Make all of us smarter.

The issue at hand has nothing to do with VIN or sales codes but engine assembly codes.

The actual application of the B body 383 non-HP and HP produced from 68-70 varies by year and model making it very difficult to make sweeping statements as to what did and didn't come in which model without getting tied up in cumbersome explainations. ("HP only in RR's and Super Bees" We know that to be untrue in 69 and 70 through documentation).

The Charger BS I posted above comes from such independent research. The engine has been documented as being an HP engine and is orange. (This is contrary to GG's Part and casting number book (Vol II; pg 98) showing this combination as blue).

I believe the 1970 engine assembly code 084 was the B body 335HP four speed A/C application. I honestly do not mind learning something new if people have evidence that proves it is not.

The BS above clearly shows carb 36 indicating a Holley, which Dan addressed.

Do we need to open up the discussion as to whether or not the 70 383-HP came with a Holley or AVS? That would help solve part of the questions raised.

Quote:

You can not tell by the fender tag or V.I.N. if a car was a 330 or a 335 h.p.

Remember, you can see the engine assembly on a 69 and 70 LR tag.

Last edited by 69CoronetRT; 07/30/12 02:40 AM.

Seeking:

1969 St. Louis plant VINs, SPD, and VONs.
Over 2,000 thanks to you!