Quote:

Is this a siamese bore block? If so, was the deck/gasket/head drilled for steam bleed off?
Ringland issues can be caused by a few different things. Blown/ turbo motors with ringland issues are almost always to rich. Liquid fuel gets into the space (usually close to the intake valve) and burns or breaks the piston. Nitrous motors will do this to, but oil control is usually involved.
I would suggest making sure the deck area is drilled as I mentioned before, knock your A/F ratios back into the mid to high 12s and keep your timing in a realistic zone. To much breaks things, not enough melts things.
Another poster asked about sparkplugs. Use the coldest plug you can get away with. Trim back the electrode strap. The shorter the strap the cooler the strap will be. Keep your plug gaps tight(.020- .025). If you blow out the spark under boost, fuel will puddle in the lower portion of the piston and the ringlands will be damaged at the 6:00 position of the piston.

This is a Keith Black block and I believe it has the steam bleed off holes. Before I hurt the engine on the dyno I had the cylinder heads off and took a pic (passenger side), you can see the little steam holes between the cylinders. I have cometic head gaskets and they have slits where those holes are. A/f ratio on the last dyno pull when we hurt the pistons was 11.7 and ignition timing was 25 degrees on that pull with 7 lbs of boost. Spark plug I was running was NGK R5671-A9 which is a pretty cold plug.

"These go to eleven", Nigel Tufnel