Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I would definetly have those two injectors look at, maybe have all eight flowed by the same company

There is a history of this problem with this engine. Last year I had the same thing happen; burned number 8 piston. I was using Bosch 160 lb/hr injectors and I sent them out and had them tested... they tested good and flowed within 1% of each other. Even so, I replaced all eight injectors when I rebuilt the engine. I now have a brand new set of Injector Dynamics 225 lb/hr injectors and that's what I ran on the dyno. I could have them tested but I'll bet there's nothing wrong with them, just as there was nothing wrong with the Bosch 160's. Given that I have had the same thing happen twice with two entirely different set of injectors, I am inclined to look elsewhere.

This is proving to be a challenge, how about something in the heads, maybe a thin spot in the combustion chambers I've burnt up pistons on the dyno also, due to unequal fuel distribution on a tunnel ram My bad, I had a loose power valve plug Good LUCK some of these things(problems) can be very frustrating and maddening, but you can find it

Thanks Cab. I appreciate all the feedback you guys are giving me. You guys are asking all the right questions. Unfortunately the answer to this one is elusive. I will keep plugging away and I know I will figure it out eventually. Maybe I should have a priest come over and sprinkle some holy water on it!

"These go to eleven", Nigel Tufnel