Quote:

hey folks,
What are the advantages/disadvantages of full groove main bearings in my 440?I am changing mine ,and the old bearings were half groove,wheras the new ones are full groove? What can I expect the difference in oil pressure to be?Are the full groove more or less reliable?I have not read about this anywhere,I ordered new bearings from mancini ,and these are the ones I got,but they are different And was wondering if this is a mistake ?

Half groove main bearings oil the rods for half of the the stroke, starve the rods of oil during the other half of the stroke,AKA crankshaft rotation There are several different versions and brands of full groove main bearings, race bearings with wide grooves in both Babbit and Tri metal and HD truck bearings with narrow grooves I like and use the HD narrow full groove Seal Power brand main bearings As far as oil pressure differences, there is probally a small amount of pressure loss I like to keep my bearings oiled, at all times and at all RPM, especailly above 5000 RPM, which is 83 crankshaft revolutions per second

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)