Quote:

Regardless of ones tuning abilities the bottom line is that the results of a head to head comparison between a good 4 barrel/intake combo vs. a well tuned Six Pack combo will vary with nearly every engine/car combo, both have their merits.

It's safe to say that any advantage will be marginally small in either direction (speaking street/pump gas setups here)

True, BUT you are missing one important pce of the puzzle that people often seem to forget in all these 6 pack "discussions"; The 4bbls and manifolds AREN'T stock in these comparisons.

Now, I'm not a small block guy and perhaps the factory 340 4bbl intake and carb are better pces than those used on a 440, but as far as the big block stuff goes, the 6 pack performs at the very top with the best of any AFTERMARKET 4bbl setups on a 450hbp street motor. It just works........I'd LOVE to have had a stock 440hp 4bbl carb and intake setup tested on that Hot Rod manifold test but oh well.

In any case, I agree with your comments but the 6 pack setup deserves all the credit it gets for a STOCK induction setup IMO. Hard to beat and the only real downside is cost.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]