Sheldon actually its funny you mention that, my current build is a stock appearing (actual 355 inch) 340-6 however it based on a X block (alt will hide the X) offset crank 3.455 stroke/4.050 bore, 12.8 domed, cammed down to 10.4 (solid), X heads, modified oem intake and if the oem valve covers wont fit I will buy the lil spacers made now.

My point is other then small headers or oem hp manifolds this should be a nice little ringer motor and look stock at a real world 500/470, Ive nailed close to that with less head flow and less comp.

Time will tell, going for the oem look if one could get a small block six pack in a mid 70-s F-body.

Car has equally built 904 and S60 with 4:56 gears.

Light F body coupe RR built as a time period correct possible car using time period correct parts with one main purpose, smoke small block cars, and go BB hunting as if it was still the mid 70-s.

Quote:

Any small block I've built has been stealthy looking. Stock 340 intakes, stock valve covers, maybe a set of headers and that's it. A six pack blows the stealth factor.
There's something about a stock looking smallblock that you shift at 7500 and blows away big blocks that just makes it.

Sheldon

7102554-DSC06136.JPG (29 downloads)