Scott, you have a great grasp on the A body world and I had to chuckle a bit when you more or less say a body people are cheap, almost make it sound wrong to put a six pack on a lesser car

Here again I really think if the A body cars and even f body cars were not getting by with small blocks and doing well, there would be more BB cars like in the past. Not needed now with strokers.

Now if I had a wedge B body, id have a BB stroker six pack due to the weight.

But at 3250lbs, some have no need for a BB or such.

So are we fools for using nos X blocks, the only seasoned race block out of the small block group, about 3k from box to stand ready to assemble?

I know you have a $$$$340 resto block in your 426 Scott, what is the difference in that vs spending min 2k for an oem type six pack as a starting point in an a-body or any other body????

A simple choice maybe...

Its ironic in a way as im actually just getting ready to goto the shed to assemble another set of carbs for the current X block stroker motor.....and I had a thought.

I read so many post about both BB and small block people that have issues with there six pack setup....maybe thats part of it, some cant grasp a single carb let alone getting three to work right together.