I think another reason that you see more big block six packs than small block six packs is because of people building clones. (Oh how I hate to use the term.) Even if a car isn't built as a full blown clone... Say, more of a hot rod / street machine, it seems that Mopar guys still go for a some-what stock-ish appearance. So you build a car sort of as it "could have been" from the factory. Hence all the B and E body 440 six pack cars that are out there. To the best of my A-body knowledge, no A-bodies came from the FACTORY with a 340 six pack. So my theory (and it's just a theory) is that A-body guys build a /6 or 318 A-body to emulate a 340 A-body and since they didn't come from the factory with a six pack, they get built with a 4 barrel. You might actually find more 340 six pack builds in E-bodies because of guys trying to emulate the AAR and T/A cars.

At one time, I had actually considered putting a six pack set up on my 71 Duster 340. But like mentioned, the cost is prohibitive. I have a good running Holley DP on it... So why change it? Plus I actually like the look of that $$$ 71 340 air cleaner that I only paid $ for at the Mopar nats before these cars were really worth anything.