Quote:

Quote:

I disagree that the car will be worth as much as if it was painted A4. the about doing it how he wants? sure, that's fine but he should go into it with his eyes open. This car is a rare and desireable musclecar in a rare and desireable factory color; there is NO way that it will be worth as much with a color change.....#'s or not. As far as the Hemi vs. 440 thing? I'd do it; it can always be changed back with a minimum of effort.

I appreciate your opinion. But when you put both cars hypothetically together for the same price, one in A4 and one in X9, both done to the same level, people in general will be attracted to the X9 more then A4. That overwhelming attraction to a laser straight black car will be equal to the want or need for it to be its original A4 silver color. I like A4 on RS cars, not on WS cars as much. I sell mopars with some frequency, and work with one of the more well known Michigan "flippers" and he also agreed. Now I will reitterate, if Daves car was a all numbers car, I would agree A4 all the way.

We will agree to disagree then; they may be more attracted to the TX9 car.....until they see it's been color changed! Most buyers would rather have it the original A4. I will concede though, that it does depend a bit on the level of the resto; lower end, driver quality stuff attracts people who are a little less interested in originality than a higher end job. Still, I'll stick with my thoughts on the A4 vs. color change to black on this car. As far as the #'s block being present changing your opinion, I'll reiterate what I've said on many other posts; I just don't get how that's all that big of a deal on a Mopar.......all blocks are the same. If it was an L71 Corvette or an LS6 Chevelle, sure......but I think the whole importance of #'s motors in Mopars is an investor driven thing that has been imported from the Brand X camp. It just isn't that important on a Mopar......though there are definitely people who attach some importance to it

+

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]