a hemi is i think the only engine with an intake face angle more than 90 degrees to the deck,, 103 to be exact,,, most engines are 90 or less than 90,, so it would be impossible for the most part to cut the face and not break into the top before you break into the bottom,,

ok,, so when you have a question about the rules,, you ask the nhra tech,, not other racers,, if tech tells you what you can and cant do,, thats what you go by,, because after all they will be telling you if youre legal or not after you race,, so jay,, john,, whoever,, you may have a perception of the rule the way it is written,,, but nhra tech are the ones whose perception matters

the problem arives in that a person asked their tech from their division if they could do something and they said yes,, the guy made an argument about something,, and the tech agreed,, so the guy went and did it,, now the higher up tech says no you cant do that,, so it is being worked out/figured out,,, all that needs to happen is that we all have the same rule and its enforced no matter what division,, what race,, who you are,,, no matter what...

jay,, if you know of an engine with a int face angle greater than 90,, let me know,, other than a hemi i cant think of any