Here is a pic of my engine, with the flange that is broken. It was said by some that I had my intake bolted to an adapter at indy. Clearly it isnt. I sent similar pics to NHRA 5 mins ago at their request, because I have nothing to hide.
As far as me not going to the grove, we felt that this deal needs to get handled by NHRA, which I am certain it will based on recent conversations with them.
We were not afraid to go there because of possible protest. I was prepared to protest the whole Barton team if it was nessasary. 300.00 per car isnt much money, and you get it back if they are illegal anyways.
It is my resposibility to my customers to provide them with the latest, best parts. When I heard this was being done, I asked if it was legal, I got a flat "NO!" so I asked why can others do it.
That was last December. It has taken till now to get anything done.
The part that upsets me is the typical response when someone is caught cheating. "well, HE is doing this (fill in the blank)" "We have been doing this for .... years".
I dont really care what anyone thinks, It is my job to run my business, and provide componants that are able to win, and that is what I will continue to do.

Something else I heard that was a joke, "we get torn down all the time, they never said anything"
When was the last time someone other than me or my dad has been torn down? We have won every teardown race for the last 2 years, Daniels won indy 3 years ago, or it would be at least 3 years.

later
cw

7421700-FLANGE.JPG (862 downloads)

hemimilita.com We are racers, not daycare providers.