As stated above, there are some very nice and very quick cars on the board.

I built my wife's Barracuda as a street/strip car. It's not something I would want to hop in and drive 7 hours to the Mopar Nats, but I'm sure it would make it if I had the funds for fuel. It does see a lot of street duty around the general St. Louis area though.

Full steel '70 Barracuda with Gran Coupe interior, cast crank 440 with 10.4:1cr, 906 heads that flow .265 @ .600 lift, .588 Ultradyne solid cam, M1 intake, 850 AED Holley, 9.5" PTC converter, 727 w/ FWD pattern manual valve body and low band apply, 4.10 Powr Lok B-body Dana, heavy Magnum 500 wheels, 215/70s in front and 295/65 drag radials in back. Hooker Comp headers and a full TTI X-pipe exhaust. I added monoleafs, Caltracs, and adjustable Ranchos last year, but admit I have never gotten around to really messing with them since Gateway closed not too long afterwards. (I gave them some pre-load and ran it.)

Not sure what the car weighs...been meaning to take it to the scales to find out.

The car runs 11.50's @ 118 in full street trim including the baby seat in the back. Getting back to the suspension, it's obvious it is not optimized yet, for it only pulls a 1.68-1.78 60ft. There are a few other factors involved too...larger .960 torsion bars and regular gas shocks on the front of the car are not playing nice with the rest of the combo.

I've never heard the car open exhaust and have never run it without the air cleaner. I like the fact that the car is raced in the same exact configuration as you see it on the street.

Honestly, I don't want it to go any faster, for the car will never see a rollbar. ( I take that back...I want to see an 11.4x out it...I know it has it once the 60fts are where they should be.)

6893395-DSC03600-Copy.JPG (201 downloads)