Good question. I think a Street/Strip car can be a bit of a grey area still. I personally would still consider my car a street/strip car, but some others may not.

Last month I did a "Alberta's Fastest Street Car Shootout" with it. I would say that was a good event to weed out the race cars from street cars. We had to drive from a mall in the north of the city to the track on the extreme south. We chose to unload at the track and drive to the mall, and then drive back with everyone else. We didn't want to have to unload at the mall, and then drive the car and truck and trailer back to the track.

It worked out to about 2 hours of bumper to bumper traffic. We made it with no issues, and surprisingly, it cooled! (18" x 18" 4 core brass rad, no shroud, mech. fan 3" from rad)

We did the cruise on 91 octane fuel. I couldn't lean into it at all really, or it would start to tick a bit. I really had no reason to lean into it on a cruise though.

Once at the track, and through tech, We dumped 5 gallons of 111 octane in the car and started racin'! It was a random draw from a hat who you lined up with. We were the last all motor car to get knocked out. Ran a best of 10.78 @ 126mph through the mufflers @ 5000ft. elevation.

The car has a roll cage, no heater, no power brake, no power steering, no sound deadener, and I have ET FRONTS on a set of 4" wide centerline's up front, and 8.5 X 26" ET Drags on the back currently. The car has a big converter, and a set of 3.23 gears.

The engine is currently 13.3:1 compression on a W2 cast iron head. The cam is a solid roller 277/284 @ .050" and .748"/.714" lift. It doesn't sound that street-able, but it has been pretty maintainance free so far, and I street drive it.

I consider it street/ strip, but others may not.

-Kenny