While this doesn't exactly answer the OP's question, I'll throw this in since we're talking so much about synthetics. At a seminar in Indy several years ago, maybe '03?, I asked Rick Allison how he felt about synthetic ATF. Without naming brands or types, he generalized that synthetics were a good idea, EXCEPT for aluminum drums. For some reason, he said, he sees a lot more wear on these drums with synthetics. Again, this was several years ago, and formulations may have improved to where this is no longer an issue.

For me, I wasn't running aluminum, so I sprung for some Redline synhetic when I had a new trans built. A little high on the price, sure, but I looked at it as insurance. Hope you don't need it but got it if you do. I also drove the Duster on the street a bunch back then, and when I last sent my TA 4200 in for inspection (from running in the old trans with conventional Type F), Paul Forte told me that it showed signs of getting fairly hot. I also installed a better cooler, but decided to get a little extra peace of mind with the Redline.

EDIT: BTW, don't get me wrong. I have nothing against conventional Type F and would have no problem using it in other situations.
-Allan

Last edited by Allan_G; 10/17/11 08:53 PM.

(FKA Racer Al back in 2000...)