Quote:

Quote:

Well I guess I'm going to be the lone dissenting voice. I use synthetic fluid exclusively in all my stuff. It lasts longer, isn't affected by heat and will increase your stall speed about 300 rpm. Amsoil is probably as good as it gets but there are plenty of others including Mopar ATF+4. I use Hyundai SP III because I get it for free but it's just synthetic Dexron.

Type F is a friction modified fluid Ford had to use because their transmission clutch packs wouldn't hold. It's really not a viable fluid with todays materials, it's 40 year old technology that has past it's usefulness.

A couple of things. You do realize, that Amzoil synthetic atf mimicks Type F.
And, 00232-19012 SP111 is spendy in quart bottles. Around $4.50 per qt. cost (I'm a Hyundai Parts Manager). If you get it free, kudos. I know I wouldn't buy it, with all the other choices.

Yeah I wouldn't buy it either but hey, the price is right.

Amsoil makes several different types of ATF, but I know it lasts a long time. The altered I drove has had Amsoil in it's PG for 5 years and it is still good. Many guys tell me that mineral Dexron lasts about 15 passes in their glides.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.