Quote:

Quote:

Type F is a friction modified fluid Ford had to use because their transmission clutch packs wouldn't hold. It's really not a viable fluid with todays materials, it's 40 year old technology that has past it's usefulness.

As I said before, I use a qt of n/d 30w with the remainder type F. The reason for the oil is trans fluid is primarily a hydraulic oil with friction modifiers, and is a poor lubricant. I use type F because I feel that it has the best friction modifier package. As to the 40 year old tech, the material on a new set clutch discs and bands for a 904/727 shouldn't be the same as what is spec'ed for a new 6 speed auto, so why would you use fluid designed for the new lining material?

I'm glad that works for you but you won't catch me pouring engine oil of any kind into any trans I own or build. Engine oil is not formulated to take the heat an automatic trans can produce. It starts to break down pretty fast.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.