Quote:

I rarely get a complete job to do. Mostly do total body/paint and customers assemble. Get quite a few engines/trans too. I have one coming in. Total job. The car is very complete and original. Needs only a carb to be found. Needs complete rear body panels and floor. No frame work needed. Underside will be done in primer type deatil. Total interior redo, seat covers ect. Engine will be done all new and slightly internally warmed over. Rebuild trans. Rear gear swap and rebuild. Suspension redo and powder coated.
In short the car comes to me as it is. Not running and rusty. It gets delivered back in very, very nice driver quality, no paint daubs, overpray type details, turn key style. I came up with just north of 35,000 parts and labor. Opinions: is he going to take a swing at me or is my foot bleeding from a self inflicted injury?

you'll be ok north of $35k as long as you aren't on the hook for all the parts... I'd quote him less on labour based on a set amount of work plus parts and materials... any surprises are extra. You have no way of knowing what will and will not work, break or just plain be unusable after 40 years of neglect until you get it removed and in your hands. The worst thing any restorer can do is get themselves in a position where they are trying to cut corners to make a flat rate. The work you've been doing to date (body and paint for customer to assemble) is the easy part to quote. It's the little bits and peices that kill you...

Restoration, Sales and Canadian Distributor For:
AMD Sheetmetal
Wizzard Direct Fit, Bolt In Aluminum Radiators
Legendary Interiors
SSBC & Wilwood Brakes
Control Freak Suspensions
Fine lines Tubing
and many more...
www.macleanclassics.com