Quote:

I've done enough paint jobs and I know what I can get away with there. The only complete cars I have done were my own and I did not keep track of them for money or time because I just do not care what it takes. Quick breakdown here. Engine: Parts 3275. Labor 500. Trans: parts and labor 500. Body panels 3750. Paint and materials 2500. Total body labor 6650.Outsource 2350.

You might be ok on the paint and body (though you're probably paying yourself $10 - $15/hr) but the big issue here is all the parts that are UNRELATED to the body. what about bumpers, gas tanks, fuel lines, brake lines, ebrake cables, drums, rotors, springs, shocks, exhaust, wiring harnesses, front end components, rebuilt alternators/ps pumps/steering boxes/heat boxes/wiper motors/blower motors.......and about 10000 other parts?

my paint and bodywork (including assy, dissassy, stripping, etc.) took over 600hrs BUT it's the other 600 that had nothing to do with paint and body that I would worry about if I were you.

again, do what you like, but the responses to this thread have been unanimous in saying you are way too low........and several of these responses have been from people who do this for a living.

It doesn't matter much to me what you do; just trying to help you avoid losing your shirt. Frankly, in order to do the car for $35k you aren't restoring everything and possibly not taking the time to do some things right.

my last

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]