Quote:

Quote:

So Rick which is it, the Chrysler engineers are brilliant or are they idiots?

In your articles of disc brake conversions you expound the virtues of the Chrysler engineers when it comes to the use of the taller knuckles on earlier models yet you chastise them because of the way they mounted the calipers?

You seem to forget you are dealing with Mopar owners that because the shading of reproduction hardware is off by one or 2 shades, do you really think they are going to move the brake line attachmant <sic> point and bend up their own lines ?

Quote:

I thought Dr.Diff came up with a solution to this by using GM brake hoses from a GTO Chevelle etc.

Huh?

In 25 years, I never wrote anything positive about a "taller knuckle swap". Quite the contrary! So I'm lost re: that comment.

I see very little functional difference re: caliper mounting position, esp. for anything close to normal street driving. The important thing is that hose routing; stock setups always crossed the steering axis. When they moved the calipers to the rear, they also moved the frame bracket to the front. No hose swap can correct this, the frame bracket needs to be moved. Yes, a lot of guys won't bother do that -- that's the danger! I have seen a LOT of brake-swapped Mopars with brake hoses that are, effectively, the steering stop! Scary feces!

It isn't impossible to have a decent setup with both ends of the hose on one side or the other (of the knuckle), you just need to really take the time to be 100% sure all parameters I've outlined are met, and be cognizant that hose life will be reduced (from the twisting).

Rick

Maybe I didn't say it properly above but I didn't say you were telling people to use the taller knuckles, you always were against it and if I remember correctly you said that the Chrysler engineers knew more/better than Joe shade-tree, I took what you had to say on the subject as gospel because you know more than this Joe Shade-tree. I haven't used the taller knuckles yet , I'm still over incorrectly plated hardware, but enough people have used them and haven't died that there doesn't appear to be the issue some other believe there is ???

But you are incorrect with your hose crossing the steering axis, that didn't happen till 1970 on a B body , 66-69 B bodies AND 6?-72 A bodies have the calipers mounted to the rear AND hose attachment point is also to the rear.

My spell checker doesn't see anything wrong so you won't have to worry yourself with that this time around .