Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
04/22/24 02:23 AM
You absolutely nailed it!!! HOME RUN!
Putting my car back together with a lifetime of parts...I put the brace in and realized the brace was preventing my tic toc tach from going in. What was throwing me for a loop was why a standard dash would need it and a ralley doesn't. I took the brace out and now my ralley dash fits perfect.
Thanks for keeping my sanity!
2 307 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
04/22/24 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by ehbody
Wayback machine shows site price of $399.99 for A/C and non A/C.

Thanks! I tried my wayback machine but Sherman was out that day... wave
6 993 Read More
04/22/24 01:00 AM
apparently its not a real ad, couple people locally have tried to reach them
7 546 Read More
04/21/24 11:49 PM
The hood would be very first thing I changed. Might have been a decent buy. Sounds like it's got a little more cam than stock. I wonder what the floors look like because the spare tire well has some issues.
3 379 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
04/21/24 11:15 PM
About 48 years ago a friend and i stopped to say hi to a guy working on his 1970 Chevelle 454 drag car. He was missing a carb stud nut, thought it rolled under the car . He fired the motor, heard BANG! BANG! BANG, TINKLE, as the missing nut came out rhe collecter! Pulled the head, three dings, no other damage. The big rollercam he had in it allowed that nut to enter and exit without damage to the valves or seats!
13 1,168 Read More
04/21/24 05:19 PM
many times i have used springs such as these for adding a leaf or two to beef up another set of springs.
if they are not pitted up bad or cracked, someone could use these to add to their spring pack.
certainly not scrap in my opinion.
however, i realize most people don't like to keep "stuff" just because "i might be able to use this someday............." [like me.... laugh2]
beer
1 204 Read More
04/21/24 12:21 PM
If they are ARP studs they go to 80 ft lbs. with ARP lube. The book calls for 5 lbs less with aluminum heads. Some people go less on the inner studs of some aluminum heads (say 45 lbs on Edelbrock heads) because it can distort the intake valve seat. What size inner nuts do you have? You will need the appropriate torque wrench adapter as pictured below.
2 350 Read More
04/21/24 11:37 AM
Needs 2 couches mounted face to face on the bed then it would be perfect for Yankee Lake!
3 531 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/21/24 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by moparx
one of my main concerns on the used ones were being wore out and needing expensive repairs.
beer

If you jump on facebook there are plenty for sale but first have to decide your budget. Pretty much any rim clamp under a grand will need some kind of repair. Even though most anything you buy used will be worn but if you don't change tires every day should last you a long time, I got lucky when I stumbled onto this Hunter machine and the guy only wanted $650 for it. I made him dismount and remount a tire then handed him the cash. Only had it a couple months and has worked great so far.
13 766 Read More
Sandy's Truck Shop
04/21/24 01:27 AM
Might try these guys....https://www.northernradiator.com/HIGH_PERFORMANCE/SEARCH_BY_CATEGORY/HIGH_PERFORMANCE_RADIATORS/MUSCLE_CAR_RADIATORS/FORD_-_MOPAR_RADIATORS/205132
7 396 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/20/24 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by billohio
Friend of mine was getting mice in his camper and he tried the plug in repellers. This spring still had mice. I tried some in my garage and caught mice under the outlet they were plugged in to
We have had mice in farm equipment and tried Irish Spring, which they will chew on, poison, which you hope if they die its not in the truck and other things. Latest thing is a little bag that smells like pine and not sure how much it does but it does smell fresh lol. I guess we had one tractor they still got in but figured out how. They are annoying. One one of our combines they chewed the cloth insulation some of the engine sensor wires were covered in. Not sure why they want to eat that

One of the reasons for them liking the wire insulation maybe because years ago some eco engineer thought it would be a great idea to make the insulation out of a soy based product. I live surrounded by a 160 year old farm and for years they would alternate what was planted and one of the crops of course was soybeans. The years they would plant something else I had to keep a closer watch on the cars, truck and motorcycles as the rodents went after the insulations more aggressively for some reason wink mad Our side yard, yeah that's my little JD mower blush grin
31 2,404 Read More
04/20/24 10:21 PM
Looks like they are W2 and W5 exhaust.

Since they are not offset I would think they could be used on a stock head.
1 356 Read More
04/20/24 07:48 PM
Beautiful. I love how they went with big bold block letters for Chrysler on the hood.
7 675 Read More
Transmission and Differential
04/20/24 06:19 PM
SMR transmissions B/RB to small block transmission adapter kit. Part number SM 99-100P for a 6 bolt crank. New in box, the box has been opened but only for inspection, never installed the kit. for info: https://smrtrans.tripod.com/smrtransmissionsintro/id9.html $400 + shipping PM here or phone (716) 655-0625 ask for Gary or leave a message ( this is a land line)
24 2,408 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/20/24 05:46 PM

Dang !!! They cremated him and gave his ashes to his kids. No grave to desecrate. whistling
25 1,972 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/20/24 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by moparx
TCI = T[otal C[rap] I[nside] biggrin
beer

TCI = T[otal C[rap] I[ncorporated] Fixed it for ya, but either applies LOL beer

i need all the fixin' i can get ! laugh2
beer
15 1,097 Read More
Moparts Truck / Vans / Jeep / Willys
04/20/24 04:18 PM
NOS - P5249064 - Big Block 383, 400 and 440 Truck oil pan set up. This is new in the box and never used. Comes complete with the side mounted oil dipstick and correct oil pick up. Great shape, ready to use. $300 shipped to you. Cash/Check/PP as Friends only.
fas141@comcast.net
8 1,156 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
04/20/24 03:34 PM
I had a '67 Satellite that was 3250# in race condition on the track scales. Small block, automatic, headers w/ no exhaust, 8.75 rear with a spool and gun drilled axles, Dragstar wheels, skinny front and 28x9 slicks, fiberglass hood, power steering, floor shift w/ console, full bucket seat interior, all exterior trim intact, 10 gallons of gas, and me at 180#.

Add 150# for the big block, 100# for the cast aluminum wheel/street tire combo, 50# for stock axles and Sure grip, and 50# for a steel hood you are at 3600. Increase it an extra bit for more gas, larger driver, or cast iron exhaust.
15 1,017 Read More
Sandy's Truck Shop
04/20/24 02:48 PM
The usual Mo'Farts replies. rolleyes I guess that's why all the MFG's have gone away from electric fans, huh?

I'll start with reasons from my experience:

1. No roaring clutch fan.
2. Approx. 1/2 mpg better
3. No 8 pound dead weight hanging off the water pump. Have not had to do a water pump change since switching to electric.
4. Easier to work on with all the space freed up.
5. Vehicle is quieter, just more pleasant to drive in general.
6. No viscous to ever replace.

I'm using an old Dodge Omni electric fan someone was throwing away on my 5600 pound '01 360. Wired to a 20 amp switch, it turns about as fast as a house fan on Low speed.

Never a problem, barely use it. It takes 3 red lights in a row in traffic to require turning it on. The rest of the time, as long as you stay above 20mph the fan is never needed up to 85 degrees. Had my EC now for 15 years.

I would recommend getting an OEM fan from a minivan or Dodge Neon and wiring to an aftermarket controller from Amazon. They are reliable and powerful.

My personal experience would be to get rid of the shroud that blocks the rad off. I think half the problem with people having cooling issues is the rad is blocked off to funnel the air to the electric fan. If the block off is removed, air can pass freely through the rad. Another is the idea is the EC needs to be "on" at 180.........when vehicles have 195 thermostats, SMH, lol.

If you are chasing mileage: between cutting my catalytic convertor out and electric fan, I picked up 1.5mpg out of my 360 Magnum.

12 604 Read More
04/20/24 02:44 PM
They definitely spared no expense on the valve guide steps to keep the seals on! Glad I bought an extra set of seals as I murdered a few of them...

Quick update, got the retainers and springs all swapped over, I had 2 different valvespring compressors and neither of them did that great of a job on the Isky springs. The manual one I bought from Summit was clunky and hard to keep centered, and a very nice air powered one I borrowed from a friend didn't have enough oomph to compress the springs the last 1/8" or so to get the keepers in easily- I would end up hitting the retainer with a soft mallet that would allow the keepers to drop in. They're all in within 1.975"-1.995" now depending on the existing shims that were already installed.

Dropped all of the engine parts off to Jim in Pittsburgh last week, except the pistons which still weren't done even though they were promised on the 5th! Those just showed up yesterday, picked them up from another friend here in Detroit that is starting his own engine shop and is attached to Mike Moran's building so I got a tour of that facility too. Shipped the pistons last night so hopefully machinework can start and I'll see the motor in a month or two! Final compression will be 11.04:1 after the deck gets cut to 10.720" for the cometics. I'm on work trips for most of May, will be cutting it really close for Sick Summer but we'll see how it plays out. Due to some unexpected personal stuff I might not do Drag Week this year, but am still hoping to do Sick Summer. Really excited to see what it will do with the new motor!

GY3, would love to see the pics of the Honda. This is my Lil Indian, went overboard restoring it during covid, and it's now too nice to use as a pit bike so I have a Coleman that gets used at the track.

-Nick
292 55,384 Read More
Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
04/20/24 02:09 PM
Unless they're bent somehow I don't see much problem with Mopar hood hinges, definitely less so than door honges
3 446 Read More
04/20/24 01:30 PM
Congrats Man!
5 778 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
04/20/24 10:27 AM
This is a brand new Ram pressure plate from Summit on a freshly built stock 440 Charger RT. The original green back is a 10.5. He pulled out a centerforce diaphragm because it had a poor release. I’ve got a buddy with a 528 hemi and he uses a twin disc McLeod with long fingers. It holds that monster just fine. I don’t think they make that anymore, either.
8 528 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/20/24 03:59 AM
Originally Posted by 11secdart
R.I.P. Dickey ... great guitarist ! saw the Allman Brothers in concert many years ago at an outdoor venue .. awesome show ! go to YouTube music and listen to them do " Jessica " Live at the Fillmore East .. what an outstanding piece of instrumental music !!

Betts wrote "Jessica" naming the song, after his daughter was born. Excellent song up
After Duane died, Dicky really stepped up, writing and contributing songs for the band.
3 357 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/20/24 03:36 AM
844 99,604 Read More
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7