The 60 ft is pretty decent if you are stalling up to 2,000. I think you could pick that up if you allow the converter to work, after all it is a tight 10". Try leaving off idle. I mean make sure there is air between your foot and the pedal before matting it when the tree lights.

I have to agree about the MPH. A good converter would be locked up at the stripe. So that shouldn't be it. A carb too rich will not MPH and will definately leave lazy.

Hey, first time out with no problems. That's a plus. Faster than the cars has ever been another plus.

Want to go faster. Try my launch method. If the engine stumbles tune it. Install at least one new plug say in #1. Shut the engine off after safely passing through the lights and in your case slowing down to a safe speed. (After practice and learning your combo you can do it right after the finish line if you have manual steering and brakes) Carry a wrench switch out the plug or just look at it on top end if you wish. You should be able to identify if it is rich. It it looks rich swap a smaller jet in the carb front and back. You can try as much as 4 numbers. If the plug looks reasonable try just going down 1 size in jet. Your MPH will tell you if you are going the right way. MPH is HP don't care what anyones dyno says. Use MPH to tune the carb. You can even try timing again MPH will tell you the best to run in your car.

Good luck I see 10's in your future.

If I can help just ask.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.