Quote:

This is how a over 50 guy would do it. Put a shift light in it and once you release the clutch on launch preload the shifter like you are trying to make your shift to second. Don't worry as long as you are on the gas you will not pull it out of gear. When the light flashes tap the clutch, not a full blown to the floor petal mash, but enough to take the load off the drive train which will put you near instantly into second. Repeat for third and fourth keeping the throttle floored this whole process. This along with figuring how many rpm you need on the launch to keep the car from bogging will go along way toward making your GTX perform to its best. Practice, practice, practice and don't be afraid to tear it up, it can be fixed.

great advice

i think the biggest issue your gonna have is getting the car off the line. Hemi's are a little soft on bottom end. with only a 4.10 gear and a 2.65 first its gonna be a battle between bogging the motor or blowing the tires off. i run a 4.56 in my dart, with the stock ratio hemi box and a street clutch it didn't leave real well (compared to the auto). i've actually switched to a 2.93 first and a slipper clutch. haven't ran it at the track yet. the low first feels alot better with the street driving i've done.

too bad you didn't have one of these to swap in, they shift a little easier at 7 grand

68 Dart GTS "HEMI" 10.30 @ 131 pump gas street car 3780#
69 Roadrunner 511 six pack 10.92 drive to track street car