I watched guys do it both ways. To me it was an easy decision. If I was interested in doing more camping outside of racing I would consider a motor home. I looked at Exiss trailers for years. Just could not afford one. The gooseneck I had was 32 ft and no where near big enough. Finally I was able to buy the Exiss the way I wanted it. Built the living quarters and could have paid to have it done just as cheap but the guy built very heavy. I built lighter. There are some things I would do different in the LQ but for the most part it has worked very well. My 3,000 lb car with an 800 lb golf car, cabinets front to rear 7,000 watt Onan RV genset plenty of waste and fresh tanks, plus 50 gallon gas tank my combined weight with wife and kids is 23,500. The Dodge 3500 pulls as if we were in business to steal trailers. LOL. I used some common sense though. 40 ft trailer and pack it tight. The trade off is worth it on the VA mountain paths to the track. It was plenty big when my twin boys were little. Now they are 12 and growing like weeds. It is a tight fit for them to sleep on the converted table to bed at night. I am probably going to make the garage area convertable in the future and add another AC.

My parents are now into an RV that is old and wouldn't tow well. It would have worked out as they do their thing in the winter to have a deisel pusher and pull a smaller trailer to the race track. But, they are $100,000. I have less than that in my combination.

I am not sure how to buy a LQ trailer for $22,000 new. But, the used market is probably very attractive right now. I wanted an all alluminum trailer. The trailer in skin and frame is over $30,000 new. Sense I knew I would never be able to afford a second venture at this I built a garage big enough to store the trailer in. Best thing I ever done.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.