There was something critically flawed in how that company was run. Since I never was part of it, I'm left to make semi-educated guesses at what the problem was.

Am I happy that BG has gone out of business? Nope.

Am I a die-hard BG supporter, considering I own two (2) of their expensive 4150 race carbs? Again, nope. I've got mixed feelings and experiences w/ BG, too.

Here's my story: My Gold Claw was bought originally by Dwayne Porter, so HE got the "fun" of sorting out the screwed up OOB calibration, not me. Between the time he spent w/ it on the dyno and I spent w/ it at the track, it works really well and out-performed my trusty Holley 950 HP (80496-1) on both the track and the dyno.

So, a couple of years ago I got a deal(?) on a low-use Demon RS from a board member here. There's actually a loooooong story behind that whole transaction , but what's applicable to this particular discussion is that I identified a number of manufacturing issues w/ the carb after tearing it down. Although the BG tech folks who had been posting on places like SpeedTalk, et al, had talked about how they (BG) were making major efforts to address QC issues from the past, I found dealing w/ them directly was disappointing. Instead of "No problem, we'll take care of it.", the attitude I got when trying to resolve those issues was closer described as "Yeah? Well, prove it...". Although I did eventually get the manufacturing problems fixed (but not to my 100% satisfaction - again, another story for another time), that experience really soured me on the company.

After that, I decided unless I could tear it down on the spot and send all defective parts back (at no charge to me) for replacement, there was no way I would trust one of their carbs to be "ready to run" OOB. Now that they've closed up, that's never going to happen, either.