For the record, they could not have even rebuilt my original because after the got it out and inspected it - they saw a crack in the bell housing ... I don't know if they cracked it somehow when the got it out or what-

The transmission is all sealed up- there is no dipstick, nothing was leaking and I had no warning or idiot lights until it was gone

The mechanic said he thought the pump failed several days before it totally failed

They told me it was cheaper to install a new one than to try and fix my original because its labor intensive (thats before they found the crack)

the new one does come with a 3 yr, 36,000 mile warranty ... someone else will deal with

They told me I could get a good deal on an '11, I asked if it had the same basic tranny, which they said it did, and I didn't even open the door of the new vehicle

So with tax, labor and a new 6 speed tranny, it was close to 4800 out the door, with no help from Chrysler

The Service Manager showed me another '08 T&C that was 2 bays down getting the tranny done

get this: his '08 had 97,xxx miles and they were putting the 2nd transmission in it ... so I asked .... that's the 3rd tranny ..???? the original and 2 replacements have gone out ????

and the Service Manager said, yeah, but it's ok- he's 1st owner, so its covered .... and I'm thinking ... so basically every 33,xxx miles- your tranny is going out

(... it's OK ???? I DON'T FREAKIN THINK SO)
thats a load of crap

call me stupid for doing so, but 2 days later, I traded it in on a Toyota 4Runner and even though I got screwed in the deal, I will not have to worry about that poorly built vehicle again ....

I had paid ahead so I had some positive equity for the trade in, but when you add in the cost for the repair- I lost ...

very soured over the entire deal

never owned anything but Ford, Mopar, and 1 Chevy, but I jumped ship this time

My wife has had a Toyota for 7 years, and except for tires and regular routine maintenance, it's been flawless

In the same amount of time, my full sized Ram Van had the overcharged battery that burst the engine compartment and totalled it, then I bought a used 01 Ram and at close to 96,xxx miles, the tranny was slipping in that one and I traded it for this Chrysler TC, which I had 7 months and then this

if it's bad of a problem- there should be a RECALL

"Good luck on your project." 1970 Road Runner "Accellertii Incredibus"