Quote:

Quote:

Locks you say make no difference ???

Who said that ??? Where ???

What WAS said is that in this case the cam has nothing to do with the locks and retainers because its such a mild grind. Changing the locks and retainers is simply for peace of mind.

Quote:

why would you buy an aluminum performance head for stock cam application

Why not ?!?! Its a cheap upgrade with better flow, uses all stock parts and retains stock idle quality, etc.. The better the head the less cam you need.

Cheap up grade with stock cam ?? The better the head the less cam you need ?? Where do did you learn this ??

Please explain your thought process. I will first.

1k is cheap compared to other choices of performance heads yes, but with a stock cam I could spend much less and improve my oe heads for stock cams that don't require a bunch of flow. The bigger isn't better with stock cams, you can do a better valve job, port match, unshroud valves, and clean valve pocket areas to improve the head for stock cams and not cost much to do. The better the head the less cam you need ?? Ok let's put a B1 head on a 76 440 ?? The point here is the bigger and better the head the less port flow speed you have which makes the engine a pig down low. With stock cams to much head flow will kill the performance. My point with changing the locks is most people who purchase Steath heads do cam up grades so they need to at least check the spring rates of the springs and also change to 7 degree machined locks for sure. The 2 sets of Steaths I've worked on had 130 lbs on the set which is the low lb end for a solid cam, and on the high end for a hydraulic cam, and had stamped steel locks, that's scary in my opinion. I'm just stating my opinion and you have yours that's fine.

logan426

Last edited by Logan426; 02/03/11 01:27 PM.