Quote:

Would these heads be good on a mild 383? I'm thinking KB flat tops, XE274 cam, stock rockers, Performer RPM intake and headers. Originally I was wanting to do a budget build, but I might want to get these if anything to use on another project at some point. I want to use the parts I listed to keep my budget in check. I just thought I was going to have to spend money to have the 906's rebuilt anyway so I might as well get something I can use somewhere else if I want.

Would anyone also know what my Compression Ratio would be? Not sure of the head gasket thickness yet, and as far as I know it will have a stock deck height (if anyone could recommend a measurement to mill the block would help). Thanks

Only do a light clean up on the valve pockets, unshroud the valves a bit in chambers and do a gasket match on intake side. No reason to enlarge the port to big, will only work against you with the cam size. You need to change the locks, retainers, and springs to fit the more agressive lobe of the XE274 put springs in around 120 on the seat and remember to use Brad Penn 30 weight or equal oil for break in. Check retainer to guide top clearance with seals. Also advance the cam 4 degrees and make sure you have enough gear and convertor if automatic. Compression ? have your machine shop look at what pistons are available at what compression with the head cc. you will possibly have to mill the heads to get better compression ratio.

logan426