Quote:

Looks good.
I'm planning on doing a similar B body Dana/Dr. Diff offset hanger swap under my wife's 71 R/T Challenger with a 325/50-15 drag radial tire.
My rim is a 15x10 with a 5.75" back spacing which I'm hoping to adjust outward with wheel spacers.
How close is your tire/rim on the inside near the leaf spring?

It just missed touching when I first bolted them on. Now, it's just past the minimum clearance, at about 1/3 of an inch without the use of a 1/4 inch spacer. Dr diff said 1/4 inch is the absolute minimum clearance from the spring.

To get that much on my car without the spacer, I had to grind a slight relief in the rear mono-leaf being careful to to get it hot and spreading it out over aproximately 8 inches, being careful to smooth it completely and re-radiusing the edge again. I wouldn't have done this to the front segment because it has to handle much more stress, but in this case I didn't have to because of the earlier mentioned angling of the rea springs in the e-body. I have over 3/4 of an inch clearence up there.

I felt the rear spring's mono-leaf segment is really over-designed, so I got my space that way instead of using the 1/4 inch spacer and giving up that same clearance at the sharper fender lip. Unless you look closely, it isn't noticable. Of course, I'll be keeping a close eye on it for any type of deflection, bending etc.

On a regular leaf spring car, I would roll the fender lip and use the 1/4 inch spacers with the 5 & 1/2 inch backspaced 10 inch rims, order 5 1/4 inch backspaced rims, or use the appropriate spacer for the ones you have with the earlier dana.

For a Challenger, I would use the 1 & 1/2 inch Dr Diff kit. I believe he said you'll have to relocate the spring perch, or use an earlier model Dana 60. Challengers don't have the interferance issue at the valance panel that 'Cudas have.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)