I think the approach I took was an "intermediate cost" route. I considered using a B-body rear but if I went that route I didn't want to put an 8 3/4 back in. The cost of stepping up to a Dana was significant.

Even if using an 8 3/4, you still need the housing and axles from a B-body plus the front and rear hangers. The AR TT2 15 X 10 rims are actually more expensive (around $270) versus the custom offset 15 X 8 (around $250). From what I investigated, going to a B-body rear was going to be more expensive than what I did. Of course the extra expense would allow the fitment of even larger tires but for my car, 275/60 will be plenty.

I do agree that it took a good bit of time and labor to work this out. And I did end up with a set of rims which I didn't use. I can still recover some of that cost if I choose to sell them. It would have been easier if I had the idea in advance. I thought I would share this idea, since it might help someone else facing a similar situation.

I agree that it is not for everyone, but it may be worth considering. For me, it provided the "right" look for the car.

Thanks for the insights on the handling. I'll have to wait until the weather improves to see if I can notice any change in the roll stiffness of the car.