Quote:

...Can what-ever this spacer is back in there be removed? Not sure it will be enough but is bound to help.

Well, the spacer is welded on top of the strut- it can't be moved. Making the assumption that I really am bolting this dolly on correctly and it's just not lining up then I had thought of grinding off about a 1/4" from the front of the 'spacer' to shift the dolly forward. However on the rear mount there's a taper on the block near the rear mounting hole angling in towards the block and while my grinding would line up the rear mount (the angle welded onto the short strut), the angle is wide enuf where that taper would interfere with the angle sitting flush (or even near-flush) with its corresponding hole thru the block.

So if I am mounting the dolly correctly then what I think the easiest thing to do to fix it is to grind the welds off both rear mount angles, rotate each angle 180 degrees and move them back around 1/2", and reweld them in place. But what I want to make sure is that I AM mounting the dolly correctly before I do that.

'69 Dodge Charger R/T