Quote:

Quote:

I think some of you guys have never had a t-quad base plate sitting on an RPM or RPM air-gap, there just is not enough meat there to grind away, you have to weld up the flange area then mill it back flat then you can grind clearance for the blades and have a smooth transition. That is the only way it is gonna happen unless you run a thick gasket and only grind minimal clearance for the opening blade and in that case you have a big step that will hurt performance, possibly cause tuning issues and fuel seperation. You wil still be asking for vaccume leaks because there is only about 1/32 gasket clamping area if that(may vary a few thou either way depending on particular castings). I tried everything I could imagine to do it and ended up with a mr gasket adapter siliconed to the manifold and a thin gasket, an air cleaner fit just fine with a drop base in my 68 cuda, I would have guessed an e-body would have had a little more room but I really don't know about e-bodys.

Silicone is bad for intake to carb surfaces. Could you have tried J-B Weld on it and work an adapter? Silicone is TOO messy and disrupts the flow from the carb through the intake and to the heads! Food for thought!!

I just siliconed the spacer to the intake, then blended it in with the die grinder so no left overs hangin in the plenum.

I have done an LD4b and it has a different carb pad than an RPM, the LD4b and LD340 have basically tha same carb pad. It only took a couple minutes to rough it in. I used an 850 t-quad baseplate and a black marker to mark color everything in ther to remove, then I mounted a christmas tree carbide in a router and ran it around to remove all the black marker then hand blended the transition with a die grinder, almost looked like a cnc had done it when I was done.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!