13.8 static
55mm cam
15* Coleman/Arrington W8
420 intake
SV-1
3 step header w/Burns merge
External wet sump

894hp-657tq

Built to spray a little, but decided to go N/A. Car is now finished just in time for the bad weather. We will run this engine for one season before selling it and doing a full N/A build.

Almost a clone to mine....why is mine such a turd by comparison? Hey Jim, could you share some cam/valvetrain specs on your build? PM if you want. No offense to any others, but this an impressive build for the power output. I am sure I am 100 hp less with almost the same combo and more compression.

Why do you think yours is a turd??? I certainly don't.

Dean has the cam card so I'll post the #s on Monday. From memory, I think we ended up with 1.8 intake and 1.7 exhaust Jesels. 278in/294ex 113 installed 109. Peak hp was 8200 on the best pulls.

We had a good flowing 15* head to start with, then had Matt at MBE work em' over some. They went just over 400cfm @.800 on 2 different benches. Matt also did the bulk of the work on the 420, then we had Gabby open it up when we switched to the 110mm SV-1 from the 1.590 x 1.750 4150 Willey's carb.

The dyno work was on Precision Automotive's inertia dyno. Hopefully it's not too happy. From some other engines that spin on that pump, it seems pretty close. I believe Emilio's engine was pulled on it too. Norman (Precision owner) and my brother tuned about 80hp from start to finish and we actually freshened the engine (including rods) during the dyno sessions, we made so many pulls.

The car is finished so we're going to do some in-car tuning, then make some rent day shots as soon as we get a chance.

The proof will be in the timeslip once we get everything squared away.

Always nice to compare combos and output. I feel like mine is underperforming by about 2-3 tenths and I use the word "turd" jokingly since some people seem to be able to nail it the first time. I think I can get all mine has to offer with some more passes. Also having Brett work the heads over some in the upcoming month. Probably regrind the cam also after getting some new flow numbers. I just want to see a "real" 850 hp run what it should in a 2850 lb car. Jim, I would be interested in your cam specs when you get the chance. Thanks.